Dangerous Games to Play in the Dark
- UDEXIA: Interactive Escape Room Book - $20.88
- The Jar Spells Compendium: Discover the Power of Witch Bottles While Understanding and Owning Your M - $13.97
- The Little Book of Curses and Maledictions for Everyday Use - $11.66
- Breverton's Phantasmagoria: A Compendium Of Monsters, Myths & Legends - $19.95
- Cursed Objects: Strange but True Stories of the World's Most Infamous Items - $12.99
Dangerous Games to Play in the Dark by Lucia Peters clarifies that what we're dealing with here are adult night games, midnight games, sleepover activities, and magic & illusions books. So, yeah, all the creepy occult shizit you played as a kid, but dressed up in big-dude- and big-lady-sized ghost sheets and bloody prom dresses.
Sounds like the perfect addition to your Halloween dinner party.
In Dangerous Games to Play in the Dark Peters includes the classics, such as Bloody Mary and Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board, which are apparently centuries old. The author also describes their historical context alongside step-by-step instructions, and "the stakes" - objective, risk level, reward, and WARNINGS.
Newer, internet-age games are also included in Dangerous Games to Play in the Dark, if you're more game for The Answer Man, which I've never heard of, but reading that it entails "a sinister voice that whispers secrets to whoever manages to contact him with a cellphone," indicates to me that I am most definitely not.
DudeIWantThat.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.