Mercer Rules Stainless Steel Culinary Ruler
Know-it-all chefs, cooks, and foodies may already know all the Mercer Rules, but this stainless steel culinary ruler could be a real prize for those of us still learning...and those of us who don't retain information so well anymore.
Mercer Rules is a 2-sided ruler decorated like a Great British Baking Show showstopper in useful culinary conversions, measurements, and ingredient / tool descriptions. Using words, diagrams, and physical cutouts in the 12" stainless steel kitchen companion, the Mercer Rules ruler serves as a guide to cooking and prep knowledge nuggets such as:
- Celsius to Fahrenheit and ounces to grams conversion formulas
- Size and shape comparisons for various types of specific cuts - brunoise, julienne, dice, etc.
- Types of kitchen knives, and the tasks each is typically used for
- Primal cuts of pork and beef, shown on pig and cow outlines
- Quick 'n' dirty proportion recipes for pie dough, pate a choux, and homemade pasta dough
DudeIWantThat.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.