Grilled Pizza Cone Set
- Counter Top Electric Pizza Oven - $39.99
- Bed Fan with Wireless Remote - $99.99
- Perfect Slice Pizza Scissors - $18.39
- Pepperoni & Vermont Cheddar Hot Stuffed Cherry Peppers - $14.25
- Pizza-Printed Pizza Plates - $5.49
It's possible that the Grilled Pizza Cone Set is just another culinary gimmick and general letdown in the spirit of the Slap Chop and Eggstractor, but holy balls nestled cool and dry in a pair of silk boxers do those pepperoni and veggie confetti cones look good. It's actually taking an inordinate amount of willpower for me not to fondle and lick my screen. Again. If they're even half as belly-pleasing as they are eye-blowing, this greedy pair of hands is gonna be wrapping dough 'round conical molds faster than a bee-stung stallion.
In the difficulty department, grilling and assembling pizza cones appears to run somewhere between getting off one's ass to retrieve a pie from the delivery guy, and spinning perfect 18" rounds on an index finger overhead. The set includes two cone molds, two dough cutters, a crimper, written instructions, and a recipe booklet. Click on the video above for a recorded step-by-step cooking guide as well. The Cliffs Notes version of how flour and pig become pepperoni and sausage pseudo-ice cream indulgence is as follows
- Make or buy some pizza dough, roll it out, and size with the cone set's included cutter.
- Moisten (anyone else find moist to be one of the more unsettling words in the English language?) dough edges with water or egg wash, and then fold in half.
- Run the crimper along the outer edge to seam the cone. Allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slipping dough on a pizza cone mold, and baking 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven or grill and let cool for 2 minutes. Transfer from cone to cone stand, fill with sauce, cheese, and preferred animal and plant toppings, and return to oven for baking until all golden and bubbly and Bobby-Flay-looking.
DudeIWantThat.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.