Blackout Original Hardcore Hammer 2.0
The Blackout Original Hardcore Hammer 2.0 is hammer that's black. All black. Matte black. That's it. Not much to see here. Especially if it's dark and you need to find your hammer.
In addition to blacking out their Original model, Hardcore Hammers has also upgraded this edition - hence the 2.0 - with a few new features that may or may not make a difference in your hammering pursuits. They include:
- An FNC (Ferritic Nitrocarburizing) process that toughens the surface of the hammer's 4140 steel head using heat, nitrogen, and carbon.
- An increase in hammer head weight from 19 to 21 ounces.
- A lengthened and widened claw to accommodate a larger range of nail sizes, plus a repositioned magnet for better grip and one-hand nail starting.
- An improved draft on the hammer interior to better secure the handle-head connection.
- A change in the depth of the Original 2.0's waffle face to facilitate better gripping during strikes.
And that's about it. Fade to Blackout.